The ABCmouse Assessment Center enables parents and caregivers to assess their children’s knowledge, skills, and abilities in key areas of language, literacy, and math with hundreds of assessments and thousands of assessment items. The Assessment Center can be used in conjunction with ABCmouse Early Learning Academy to provide recommended learning activities personalized to each child’s specific needs. Developed in collaboration with experts at SRI and NORC at the University of Chicago, these assessments encompass preschool through early elementary skills and can be used to evaluate a child’s learning progress.
- Where can I find the Assessment Center?
- What features are included in the Assessment Center?
- How do I view reports in the Assessment Center?
- Why do families use the Assessment Center?
- How old should my child be to use the Assessment Center?
- Can I use the Assessment Center on my phone?
- Can I print the Assessment Center results?
- Is the Assessment Center included with my ABCmouse subscription?
- Where can I purchase the Assessment Center subscription?
Where can I find the Assessment Center?
To find the Assessment Center, look for the Checklist icon in the upper right corner of the Student Homepage.
There, you can take a tour for a full walkthrough of the Assessment Center features. You can also view your child's progress, latest scores, recommended activities, and more. Be sure to visit the Assessment Center the next time you log in to ABCmouse.
What features are included in the Assessment Center?
The following features are included in the Assessment Center:
- Detailed performance reporting on each skill assessed
- Trend reporting on how your child progresses over time
- Custom lessons built to specifically address the areas where your child needs more practice
- Unlimited Assessments for every child on your account
How do I view reports in the Assessment Center?
Once you have completed an Assessment test, the system will suggest learning activities based on the results of the test. These recommended activities can provide more practice in areas where your child may be struggling. Choose any activities you’d like for your child from the Results and Recommendations tab.
To find the Results and Recommendations tab, please see the steps below:
- Select the Assessment icon in the upper-right corner of the Student Homepage.
- On the Assessments page, select a Child Profile from the drop-down menu.
- Select See Full Report on the Individual Skill Assessments you are interested in viewing.
You will then be given the option to view the results as a table, bar graph, or line graph.
Activities you choose from the Results and Recommendations tab will be found on your child’s About Me page under My Lessons.
Why do families use the Assessment Center?
The assessments can be used for four specific purposes:
- To help guide learning: Based on the results of the assessments, ABCmouse lessons are recommended to help improve specific areas of need. That is, upon completion of the assessments, parents and caregivers can immediately assign each child personalized ABCmouse.com lessons based on assessment scores. This cycle of assessment + learning + reassessment is likely to help accelerate learning. In fact, our research has shown that when children complete a recommended lesson on ABCmouse following an assessment, they achieve twice the gains than those who do not complete a lesson!
- To monitor progress: Since assessments can be taken several times during the year, parents and caregivers get a clear picture of how children are progressing.
- To deepen family engagement: By providing specific and meaningful information on learning and progress and clarifying individual strengths and weaknesses, parents and caregivers are better able to support their children while they learn and connect with them around academic topics.
- To assess only: The Assessment Center can also be used independently of the ABCmouse.com curriculum.
How old should my child be to use the Assessment Center?
It comprises Preschool, Kindergarten Readiness and First Grade Readiness assessments for children between 3 and 8 years old:
- The Preschool assessments are for children ages 3 to 5, who are not ready to go to Kindergarten yet.
- The Kindergarten Readiness assessments are for children who are preparing to go to Kindergarten, typically between 5 and 6 years old.
- The First Grade Readiness assessments are for children who will attend 1st Grade, typically 6 and 7 years old.
- The Second Grade Readiness assessments are for children who will attend 2nd Grade, typically 7 and 8 years old.
Can I use the Assessment Center on my phone?
Due to the size of cell phone screens, we’ve found the best experience is to access the Assessment Center from a tablet or computer. Please access the Assessment Center from a computer or tablet.
Can I print the Assessment Center results?
We do not have a printing feature for the Assessment Center at this time.
Is the Assessment Center included with my ABCmouse subscription?
Subscribers can now add the Assessment Center to their family’s ABCmouse subscription for an additional cost. There are a few different subscription options offered during account registration. This allows families the flexibility to customize their subscription to their family’s educational needs.
Where can I purchase the Assessment Center subscription?
If you’re interested to have a detailed report on how your child is progressing over time, we would be happy to provide you with the ability to purchase the Assessment Center at the special rate of $39.95 annually.
To take advantage of this offer, please click here.
Please note that the Assessment Center is an optional add-on to your account that does not pay for access to all other areas of ABCmouse.