We strongly recommended that parents and caregivers redeem the student code through a desktop or laptop computer. The ABCmouse subscription can be used on a mobile device after it has been registered on a computer.
- How do I apply a student code to an existing account?
- How do I redeem a student code as a new member?
- Why does it ask for billing information?
- What does an ABCmouse account look like for students who do not have full access?
- What should we work on if there are no lessons assigned?
- What if we already redeemed our code and forgot our login information?
- What if we received the wrong student code?
How do I apply a student code to an existing account?
If the parents or caregivers are members with ABCmouse, they should follow the existing members instructions below:
- Click the link for existing members.
- Enter the email and password associated with the account and press submit.
- Once logged in, enter the student code on your invitation letter.
- Select the Child Profile that the code applies to or make a new Child Profile if needed.
- Select Yes on the last page to confirm the code usage.
- The last page will then redirect you to your ABCmouse account.
You will be able to access any lessons that your teacher builds for your child on the My Lessons page. If your teacher has not created any lessons yet, you can work on the sample lesson.
How do I redeem a student code as a new member?
If the parents or caregivers are not members with ABCmouse, they should follow the new members instructions below:
- Enter the student code on your invitation letter in the New Members section and click Submit.
- Enter and confirm both your email address and password.
Why does it ask for billing information?
There are two different types of invitation letters your teacher can send. One is with the classroom code, which gives a discount to get full access to ABCmouse at a special rate. Please note that this generated code will be the same for the entire class roster, eight characters long, and have both capitalized letters and numbers.
The second option is an access code, which offers limited access to any of the Playlists the teacher has created for their class. Please note that this generated code is specific to each student, will be twelve characters long, and only show capitalized letters.
During registration when claiming a limited access code, parents and caregivers are welcome to sign up for the first month free to have full access to all of ABCmouse's members-only sections, such as the Learning Path, Pet Park, or Classroom sections.
- If your family is interested in full access, select the payment plan and enter a method of payment.
- If your family is not interested in full access, scroll to the bottom and select the No, Thanks button.
What does an ABCmouse account look like for students who do not have full access?
When you open the ABCmouse app or website, you will be taken to the Welcome to Your Classroom-Linked Account page. With your Classroom Linked Account, students will be able to access the My Lessons page.
What should we work on if there are no lessons assigned?
If your teacher has not created any lessons yet, please feel free to work on the sample lesson.
What if we already redeemed our code and forgot our login information?
Once the code is redeemed, it is no longer needed and cannot be reset or re-issued. It is the parent's or caregiver's responsibility to remember the email address and password they created when redeeming their code. They can also reset their password with the link provided on our Login page.
Unfortunately, we do not have a feature for teachers to view your personal login information. However, if you would like to inquire about a specific code, we are happy to gather that information for you.
Please submit a ticket on our Contact Us page with the following information so we can better assist:
- Student profile's name
- Specific code
What if we received the wrong student code?
Please note that the access codes are specific to each student. With this in mind, it is important that the correct invitation is given to each student’s family so that they do not claim the code for another child.
If you have received the wrong student code, contact your child's teacher for assistance. They will be able to share the correct invitation letter if the other family has not redeemed the code.
If the wrong student code has been claimed by another family, the teacher will have to delete the student(s) in question from their class roster and create a new student profile.