Tickets are the in-game currency that is earned by completing activities throughout the site. There is no real-world cost for Tickets. They can be used to shop for items, clothes, accessories, and pets in the Shopping Center.
Why are Tickets and prizes awarded to my child?
Our Tickets and Rewards system is designed to reward learning and encourage children to find new activities to do while incorporating numbers and math concepts in the process. Your child will have many opportunities to earn Tickets as they complete site activities and lessons. Your child can then use the Tickets to buy more features and clothing for their Avatar or items for My Room and other environments.
We have found that children love to play the game of earning, spending, and keeping track of their Tickets, and making these decisions gives them opportunities to practice important critical thinking skills. As they do so, they will be strengthening their understanding of basic math concepts and experiencing the rewards of their work.
It might help to explain to your child that they should feel free to use their tickets to “purchase” whatever they would like for their Avatar because it’s possible to earn more Tickets.
Is there a way to turn off the Tickets?
Tickets are always accumulated as rewards for completing activities. It cannot be disabled, but you can prevent them from being spent.
You can update the settings for your Child Profiles at any time from the Parent Section by following these steps:
- Select the Gear icon at the top of the right hand corner of the Student Homepage.
- Select Parent Section from the menu.
- Enter your password to access the Parent Section.
- Select Settings.
- Adjust this setting for All Profiles with the All Profiles panel, or individually by selecting the Child Profile you want to edit.
- Select Permissions from the menu.
- Desktop users will see Audio at the left side of the page.
- Mobile device users will need to tap the arrow to the right of the General title at the top of the screen to shift the Permissions panel into view.
- Select the green button on the Spending Tickets feature to deactivate Ticket spending and purchases.
Your changes will be saved automatically, and all purchase attempts will be password-blocked in the Shopping Center.
Can I monitor my child's ticket spending?
Unfortunately, we do not have a feature for parents or caregivers to view how many Tickets a child has spent on purchased items. However, if you would like to inquire about a specific purchase, we are happy to gather that information for you.
Please submit a ticket on our Contact Us page with the following information so we can better assist:
- Child profile's name
- Date of purchase(s)