Are you experiencing any of the following behaviors while using ABCmouse?
- Stuck on the Welcome screen
- Stuck on a white/blue screen
- A generic app load error
- Connection errors
- Freezing videos/games
- Poor video/game quality
If so, we recommend following the steps in the order listed below. In between steps, try using ABCmouse again to see if your issue has been resolved. If you don’t notice an improvement, try moving on to the next step. You can select each step below for specific instructions on your device:
- Fully close the ABCmouse app: Start by fully exiting ABCmouse (and all other apps or programs running in the background), and then try opening ABCmouse again.
- Perform a power cycle: Turn off your device (and your modem and router, if applicable). Wait a few minutes, and then power back up.
- Check your connection: Run a speed test on your device and compare your results with our recommendations.
- Improve your connection: If the speeds fall short of our recommendations, there are steps you can take to help improve your connection.
- Test other apps or programs on your device: If you notice similar issues, it may be due to poor connectivity. Contact your internet service provider for more information on how to improve your connection.
- Check for app and system updates: To check for ABCmouse updates, visit your device’s app store. To check for system updates, visit your device’s Settings menu.
- Clear cache and data: You can typically clear the cache/data via your device’s Settings menu. This step removes temporary files to help free up needed space.
- Uninstall/reinstall ABCmouse: On select devices, you can uninstall and reinstall the ABCmouse app to help alleviate any streaming issues.